March 11, 2013

Eggy Pancakes

I love cooking. But sometimes I get lazy about planning it, so I end up eating kid food. It's difficult to be an adult sometimes. Hahaha. You have to make lists for the grocery store and actually think about what you need to get to make certain things. I find myself walking around the grocery store for 40 minutes buying stuff that I like. Then I get home and I don't have anything to make for dinner. I have a bunch of cookies and chips and most of the dairy aisle - I love the dairy isle, it's cold and everything looks delicious. Ok so I have the chips and such and milk, eggs, butter, yogurt blah blah blah.
So what am I going to make with this random assortment of foods?
Well, Mac and Cheese comes to mind first. But another one of my favorites is screaming out. Maybe because I have some leftover rice from when we ordered Chinese food, but I'm making egg pancakes.
What are egg pancakes, you ask?!
Well keep reading and you will find out ;)

So when I moved to Philadelphia back in 2004 I did what every cool, single girl did. I went shopping at Urban Outfitters, duh! Hahaha. That as probably pretty stupid but I did come out of it with one good thing. A cookbook. I don't know what made me buy a cookbook when I was 18, maybe it was because it was called 'Midnight Munchies' . I am a sucker for advertising.
So almost 10 years later, I still have the book and cook recipes out of it often.
And that's how we get to the eggy pancakes.
It's kind of an empty fridge/ last resort food. But it's easy and delicious.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups leftover white rice- or any rice
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons butter
Pinch of salt
Maple syrup, warmed

In a small bowl, beat the eggs until blended and add the salt. Stir in the rice, breaking up any clumps.
In a 8-inch skillet, preferably nonstick, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the rice mixture and gently pat into a flat pancake that fills the pan. Cook until nicely browned of the first side, about 4 minutes. Flip the pancake over and cook on the other side until nicely browned, about 4 more minutes. Place onto a warmed plate, cover with maple syrup and eat immediately.



Use just regular leftover rice.



Crack 2 eggs into a bowl.



Mix well and add the salt.



Add rice.



Mix until there are no clumps of rice.



Melt butter in pan.



Add egg/rice mixture.



Fry on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and fry on other side for 2 minutes.



Place onto plate and cover with maple syrup.
I was super hungry so I ate half of it before taking a picture.
Sorry



This little chef kinda helped too ;)



Now you can eat something semi-healthy and go do other more important things. Like sitting outside and reading a book. Or going for a walk. I personally am going outside and gardening with Dylan. I planted some flowers I got as gifts for Easter, but Tyler said the arrangement of them looked like a burial site. Not a good look. So I'm going to fix it.

Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

XoXOxOXo
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment