March 8, 2013

Sick Day

Ok so this was not my post for today. But unfortunately I woke up feeling like death. So instead of finishing my bathroom I'm just going to lay around and watch the snow fall.





Before I do that I made some food. This is my favorite easy pasta recipe. I love pasta so I thought my favorite pasta when I'm sick would be perfect.

I usually put chicken in it but I wasn't in the mood for chicken right now.
It's a Buca Di Beppo recipe. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Philly.



Spicy Chicken Rigitoni
1 tsp butter
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp chopped garlic
3/4 cup. Marinara sauce
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup peas
1/2 lb Rigatoni pasta or your favorite pasta, cooked according to package directions
Shredded mozzarella for the top



Cook pasta.
Melt butter.
Toss in garlic and red pepper.



Cook until fragrant.



Pour in marinara sauce. Mix



Add Alfredo sauce.



Mix. Add peas if you want.



Mix in cooked pasta. Top with cheese.
Boom!



I also made these little beauties.



Pre-heat the oven to 350.
Take Ritz crackers and place them on a cookie sheet.



Then place Rolo's on top of the cracker.



Place in the oven for 3 minutes. Just to get them soft. You don't want to melt them!



Take out of oven. Place on cooling rack and top with more Ritz.



Let cool.



Try not to eat them all.

Now I'm going to watch the first season of Downton Abbey and hopefully take a nap. We will see if King Dylan will allow it ;)

Here is a little peek of them bathroom I'm working on.



I hope I can finish it this week.


XoXOxOXo
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment