March 22, 2013

Cooooookie Time

Lately my kids have been loving the book, 'If You Give A Mouse A Cookie'. And that makes me happy because I too love this book. I remember reading that and 'If You Give A Moose A Muffin'.
So in honor of the book I decided to make classic chocolate chip cookies. I love cookies. They are so perfect, more perfect than a cupcake. You can eat them warm or cold. You can put them in your pocket and eat them on the go. You can take them to a new neighbor or put them in a lunch box. I could go on and on.... But its difficult to make cookies in my household because my kids snatch cookies off the cooling rack so fast. I will make 3 dozen and end up with a dozen in the cookie jar!



Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 sticks salted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch - this is the trick!
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In the bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)

5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen.




Combine sugar and butter.



Add egg and vanilla. And beat until combined.



Mix in flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. And mix until completely incorporated.



Add chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.



Yum! Delicious cookie dough :)



Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet and push them down slightly.



Bake for 8-9 minutes. The bottom will be brown and the top will look undercooked. Let sit on baking sheet till cool.



Move to cooling rack till completely cool.



These cookies are my absolute favorite! They are a million times better than any store bought, mass produced cookie. Unfortunately, they were Logan's favorite too and now he has a cavity. So today we are going to the dentist. I'm not going to lie, I am so nervous and I'm not getting anything done!! I hope he behaves well and let's them fix it! Oh gosh!!! Breath, Steph.

Well enjoy the cookies and wish me luck!
Oh and HAPPY FRIDAY :)

XoXOxOXo
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment