July 26, 2013

Burning Down the House

Aw man, what a blllahh week. I feel like I can't do anything right this week. Ugh.
No joke. 
I tried to make 2 different types of cookies this week. Both of which I make allllll time time. Both turned out awful. Wtf?! That is the most frustrating thing ever! I took pictures of every step and everything! The cookies themselves are kind of difficult to make but that shouldn't matter, I've made them a million times. 
So I guess this just goes to show, it doesn't matter how good you are at something's, you can still f**k up. 

Here are my jacked up cookies. 

They are still delicious but look kinda awful. 
I would feel bad giving this ugly cookies to a homeless person. 
Ok, maybe I went to far there because homeless people love my cookies ;)

The other recipe didnt turn out so awful but it was super easy so it's hard to mess it up. 
And anything that is make with confetti cake, I'm a fan of. 
That includes these Gooey Butter Cookies. Thanks Paula :)

Ingredients-
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
1   (18 ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
1   (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
1   egg
1   stick of butter, room temperature

Directions

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner’s sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey. Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
So much better :)


They are like little cake pillows. 
Delicious. 

Maybe I can't bake because I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to wear on HGTV!! I need 3 different outfits to wear on camera. This is a very important thing! 
Someone please help me!!! 

XoXOXxo 
Stephanie
Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment