May 12, 2013

Mother's Day


Yesterday was Mother's Day and mine was super fantastic. Anytime I'm eatin good food with my family, I'm happy. So we started the day off with my favorite, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. I totally cheated on the biscuits and used Pillsbury Grands. You can put the gravy on anything, I also like to put it on hash browns or French fries.

Ingredients 
Pillsbury Grands Biscuits  
1/2 package of sausage - I used Johnsonville Maple breakfast links
2 Tbs Butter- plus extra for looking the sausage
1 1/2 cups of Milk
2 Tbs Flour
2 tbs Salt
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs season salt

Cook biscuits according to directions on package. 
Melt 1/2 a Tbs of butter in a large skillit and cook sausage on medium high. Cool sausage for about 5-6 minutes. When sausage is cooked cut into bite-size pieces. Place sausages onto a plate and save for later. 
Then melt butter in same pan used for cooking sausage. Add flour to melted butter and whisk. Add milk and continue to whisk until there are no lumps. 
Add spices and return sausage to mixture. 
Pour gravy mixture over biscuits and devour. 


So I start by browning the sausage. When they are cooked, cut them into bite-size pieces and move them to a plate. 


Then melt the butter in the same pan. You want all those yummy brunt sausage pieces for the gravy. Add the flour and wisk constantly. 


Pour in the milk slowly and keep whisking     It may be lumpy at first just keep going. It will get smooth. 

Then add your spices and whisk till its thick. You should be able to swipe your finger on the back of a spoon and have the gravy stick. Yum :)


 Then add sausage back into gravy. 


Pour the gravy onto whatever you desire.

This recipe is super easy and I love it! You can mix it up and use it for anything. With or without sausage. You can use chicken or beef broth instead of milk. I love gravy. It fills you up and makes you happy at the same time. That's what good food is all about. 
Maybe you can make this for your loved ones and have a special day like I did with my family. 
And without question I had a great Mother's Day :)

XoXOxOXo 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment