October 2, 2013

Kids Table and Chairs

Wow! I didn't realize that I haven't posted anything in weeks.... Oops :-/
So I'm gonna do some throwback posts (things I've done awhile ago but never wrote about). 
I'm starting with the kids playroom. 
If anyone was ever at my house where I grew up, you might remember these table and chairs.... They were mine when I was little!!! I think it's crazy that I still had them with all the times I moved. 



So I spray painted them and now they look this this.... 



They are a little beat up now because the boys are, well boys! Hahaha. I just bought a spray paint that was a paint and primer and then just went to town! 
I also painted the TV stand. I got that at a estate sale for practically nothing and it was a real piece of poo when I bought it. 


It looked like there was blood splatter all over it....... 
But that's all gone now ;)


And I loooove the handles!! I just scrubbed and cleaned them and now they look aaaamazing. 


This one was a little more difficult to do, but it was soooo worth it! I sprayed it with a primer first. Then I used regular room paint I had and painted it, about 3 coats. Then I sprayed it with a protective gloss topcoat, that's why it looks so shiny. 
I think it's actually a kitchen cabinet because it has a tin top but it works in the playroom now :)

So in total, I think I spent less than $50 on the furniture and paint in this room.  Yes, it is a playroom and he kids just trash it anyways but I still think it should look kinda cute ;)

Happy Monday everyone!!

XoXoXOxo 
Stephanie 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment