February 24, 2013

Where Brooklyn At

I went into the city today.
It was perfect.
I was going to go yesterday but it was rainy and yucky.
It was beautiful out this morning! As soon as I got into the car one of my favorite songs was on the radio. Don't you love when that happens?!
Today I went to one of my favorite stores in Brooklyn, Stella Dallas Living.


It's a vintage household store. It has curtains, quilts, boots, jewelry, crates, just about everything. As its all vintage. Old, dusty and full of history.
But they didn't open till 12:30. It was 11:45. Ugh.
So I went to another one of my favorite stores, Milk.
Milk is a bakery. Kind of.


They have amazing, never-thought-of-that stuff. Like cornflake chocolate chip marshmallow cookies. Whhhhaaaaa?!?!


Yea, they are awesome!
So while Dylan ate cookies.


I waited.


And ate a bagel bomb. It's an everything bagel with panchetta and scallions cream cheese in the middle. Yum.


Then finally Stella Dallas Living was open.





I loved all the vintage curtains. I think I'm going to make some. But first I need curtain rods.
Hmmmmm....

One of the things I miss about Brooklyn is all the creativity. Everyone is different. Nobody is afraid to be different either.
It's great. All different cultures all together.
It's truly beautiful.
Here are some pictures I took while we lived here.













Go out and do something creative!
I'm going to make curtain rods out of industrial pipes.

XoXOxOXo
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. ummmm girl how did i not see ur blog before! lol i just saw you post this link on facebook!!!love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, Ellen! My first post was on Sunday. If you could give me a shout out on your blog I would be eternally grateful :)

      Delete