April 26, 2017

Smithsonian Trip

Last weekend the whole family went down to Washington DC and went to the Smithsonian!!
It was so much fun!
My Dad planned it all and by 'planning' I mean, he did absolutely no planning and didn't even know what the weather was going to be like that day. But still he tried so I have to give him some credit. HA.
So we met him down there, he drove down with the big kids. Matt, baby Remy and I drove separately. And come to find out, PARKING IS FREE ON SUNDAYS!!
Yes!
So if you plan on visiting the Smithsonian sometime this summer, go on a Sunday!
All the museums are free to get in. They do a quick bag check and you're good to go!
We started at the Air and Space Museum.
 
The boys loved it!
 

There is a sculpture exhibit outside that was pretty cool!

 

Then we went to the National Museum of Natural History. Outside the building is a bird sanctuary, there is a bird nest in the dinosaur mouth.

 

 
Most of the museums are right around the Mall so you don't need to walk too far. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes AND socks! 
 

Dylan had a problem with his socks and then didn't want to walk anywhere. lol I bribed him with a milkshake from Shake Shack. It kinda worked, until he spilt it all over the floor of my car on the way home 😑 
This is how I cleaned it...... 

 
 Hahahahahaha. Juuuust kidding. That was down at one of the museums. 
But it was a super fun time. If you live close enough to take a day trip you should totally do it! 
Your kids will love it! And I'm so glad I brought my WildBird baby sling to carry Remy around in. No need for a stroller! 

 

XoxoXOxo
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment